Soil Health - Pasture Health - Whole Farm Planning
• Ever wanted to know what it is that makes grass grow rapidly and in drought?
• Want to know how to convert consolidated soil into friable top soil that doesn’t saturate?
• Like to know how to create the most beneficial environment for stock on your farm?
On this course, you will:
• Learn the whys and wherefores of regenerative agriculture and whole-farm health on grazed operations, and
• Be introduced to new ways of thinking about the "farming problem" and new ways to monitor your farm.
• Improving soil health / pasture health
• Improving drainage and water holding on your land
• Growing more and better forage
• Reducing reliance on external inputs or contractor services
• Identifying opportunities for out-wintering & season extension
• Getting feedback on-farm: monitoring & data, on-farm trials
• Understanding soil health: soil health principles for graziers
• Learning to read your soil and pasture
• Principles of grazing management
• Grazing management systems: mob grazing & planned grazing
• Time-saving strategies for management of land & livestock
• Overseeding existing pasture & establishing new covers
• Monitoring & data gathering
Who is this Training Suitable for?
• Graziers, herdsmen & shepherds
• Farm & estate managers
• New entrants
• Ecologists & advisors
Tools & Technology
• Field Margin app - https://www.fieldmargin.com/
• Sectormentor for Soil app - https://soils.sectormentor.com/
What to Bring
• Packed Lunch
• Notebook, pens etc
• Camera/smartphone (optional)
• Boots & clothing for farm walk
• Farm maps (optional)
COST: £54.49 – £113.78
Stonegate Village Hall
For more inofrmation and to purchase tickets follow: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/soil-health-regenerative-agriculture-for-livestock-farms-introduction-tickets-87983941337