Source: Soil Association
Written for farmers and advisors this book will help you assess the potential business benefits of agroforestry for your farm or client and to understand the possible benefits to the wider environment.
The authors are leading researchers and practitioners with decades of experience in agroforestry from the UK and around the world.
What is agroforestry?
In simple terms agroforestry means farming with trees. There are three main types of agroforestry, these are known as:
- Silvopastoral Agroforestry - the combination of trees and livestock
- Silvoarable Agroforestry - the combination of trees and crops
- The use of hedgerows, shelterbelts and riparian buffer strips.
What's included in the handbook?
This handbook is your essential guide to agroforestry and how to implement it on your farm. The book includes:
- What is agroforestry?
- Types of agroforestry
- Practical advice on system design
- Case studies
- The economic case for agroforestry
- Market opportunities
- and much more
Make sure you download it today!