Defra have announced a new grant, The Farming Ammonia Reduction Grant, which allows funding for covers to existing slurry stores to improve as a fertiliser and reduce ammonia emissions from beef and dairy farms in England.
You can apply for this grant to help pay for covers to existing slurry stores on dairy and beef farms in England.
Slurry store covers provide the benefit of:
- protecting the store from rainwater and reducing storage and field application costs
- Reducing the loss of nitrogen and increase the quality of slurry as a fertiliser
- reducing ammonia emissions and improving air quality
- minimising odour emissions
- £61.00 per square metre for self supporting covers for slurry stores
- £11.20 per square metre for floating covers for slurry stores and lagoons