This year our Annual Field Day will take place on Thursday the 21st September 2023.
A day for farmers by farmers sharing experiences for improving performance and resilience in a challenging environment.
During the day we will showcase all the ways in which farmers are already changing farming practice to respond to the need to reduce emissions and build on farm carbon within resilient farm businesses. Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Grazing clinic
- Foliar fertilisers
- Crop cultivation and diversity
- Feed self-sufficiency
- Benefiting from private markets for biodiversity and carbon
- Fuel and energy
Throughout the day, we will share our insights from the work we are doing supporting farmers to reduce GHG emissions and remove carbon into soils and biomass. This involves key elements of the transition to a nature friendly decarbonisation of agriculture.
Carbon Farmer of the Year Awards
The winners of the Carbon Farmer of the Year competition will also be announced – a new competition which we launched this year. To find out more about the competition and information on how you can apply or nominate head here.
Update! Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrew Rees (dairy farmer from Wales)
- Anthony Ellis (farmer from Cornwall, Farm Net Zero monitor farmer)
- James Daniel (Precision Grazing)
- Danielle Semple (Farm ED)
- Julian Gold (host farm)
- Tim Williams (Farm Net Zero demo farmer)
- David Miller (arable farmer from Hampshire)
- Kevin & Katie Hoare (dairy farmers from Cornwall, Farm Net Zero monitor farmers)
- Andy Bradford (Dartmoor Woodfuel)
- John MacArthur (McArthur Agriculture)
- Michael Carpenter (Kelvin Cave)
- Rob Shepherd (Environmental Farmers Group)
- Dan Wynn (Wilder Carbon)
- Nick Down (Velcourt)
To book your place (numbers are limited) please follow this link.
Price includes tea/coffee and a hog roast lunch (get in touch for any dietary requirements).
Interested in lift sharing? Head here. (Event location: Hendred Estate, Hill Farm, St Mary’s Road, East Hendred, OX12 8LF. W3W/roosters.bleak.earl).
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!